Our vision is to plan, build and effectively operate a 21st-century regional library based here in Historic Kennett Square. We want our library to be state of the art in every respect, including these:
• Our leadership and management team
• Our customer service staff
• Our Board of Directors
• Our capabilities and responsiveness to our users, the community and our region
• Our delivery of services
• Our technology, systems and procedures
• Our entire library environment -- including the new building and all its parts
• Our financial systems, practices and operating structures
• Our fund-raising and our donor relations
• Our communication with our user community and all our stakeholders
• Our foresight and our ability to innovate and adapt to changing needs; and,
• In the example we set and the attitude we have in welcoming and serving everyone.
To make this Vision a reality, our Board is already working to understand, re-think and optimize every facet of our library in preparation for our new building and the new library it will house.